WolfCast – Episode 05 – Security In Japan
Ever wonder what the security industry is like in Japan? In this episode, we discuss tips and suggestions about making the move as well as what to expect when looking to land your first job!
News Review: [3:02]
- Cyberattack on Kaseya Nets More Than 1,000 Victims, $70M Ransom Demand – https://www.darkreading.com/attacks-breaches/cyberattack-on-kaseya-nets-more-than-1000-victims-$70m-ransom-demand/d/d-id/1341476?_mc=rss_x_drr_edt_aud_dr_x_x-rss-simple
- THE RISE AND FALL OF NSO GROUP – https://forbiddenstories.org/the-rise-and-fall-of-nso-group/
- Amazon Shuts Down NSO Group Infrastructure – https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgx5bw/amazon-aws-shuts-down-nso-group-infrastructure
- Kaseya Obtains Universal Decryptor for REvil Ransomware – https://threatpost.com/kaseya-universal-decryptor-revil-ransomware/168070/
- REvil Ransomware Site Goes Offline – https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvz5m4/revil-ransomware-site-goes-offline
- US and Global Allies Accuse China of Massive Microsoft Exchange Attack – https://thehackernews.com/2021/07/us-and-global-allies-accuse-china-of.html
- FBI: Threat actors may be targeting the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics – https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/fbi-threat-actors-may-be-targeting-the-2020-tokyo-summer-olympics/
Moving To Japan – [27:10]
Market Differences – [1:23:11]
Work Expectations – [1:38:40]
Shout Outs to the Community: [2:02:20]
FlareVM – https://github.com/fireeye/flare-vm – A fully customizable, Windows-based security distribution for malware analysis, incident response, penetration testing, etc.