WolfCast – Episode 03 – Leveling Up
Are you looking to level up in the world of InfoSec? Today, we dive into skills building and ideas of where to start your journey!
Format Change: [1:37]
Byte Sized Introduction: [3:55]
A new YouTube series at https://youtube.com/malwerewolf that we are working on which will provide tips and tricks for the industry. Come learn with us.
News Review: [9:19]
- 74% of Q1 Malware Was Undetectable Via Signature-Based Tools.
- Newly Discovered Dell Bugs Impact 30 Million PCs.
- Member of FIN7 Cybercrime Gang Sentenced to Prison in U.S.
- A deep dive into the operations of the LockBit ransomware group.
- 80% of ransomware victims suffer repeat attacks, according to new report.
- John McAfee, Creator of McAfee Antivirus Software, Dead at 75.
- What you need to know about Process Ghosting, a new executable image tampering attack.
Getting Started and Skills Building – [25:19]
Useful training websites, who to follow, where is the industry heading and more are part of today’s topic. Check out https://malwerewolf.com/tools/ for references to many of our suggestions for CTFs, VMs, Tools and Training Websites.
Shout Outs to the Community: [1:35:13]
Positively Blue Team https://twitter.com/PositivelyBlue_
If you want positive vibes every week of your life, check out the Positively Blue podcast. They are an amazing group, extremely informative and fantastic guests. And those shirts by @bsdbandit… YEEES!
Charles Shirer https://twitter.com/bsdbandit
Shawn Thomas https://twitter.com/understudy77