WolfCast – Episode 02 – The Land of Expectations
Welcome, welcome, welcome to the land of Expectations!
In this episode of the WolfCast, we begin our recruitment series by exploring the landscape of security jobs and tips on identifying goals and tailoring expectations.
Guest Introduction: [3:25]
- John from Tokyo
- Junior In the industry with a few years of experience looking to get into a SOC analyst role to continue to further expand his analysis capabilities.
News Review: [5:10]
- Intl. Law Enforcement Operation Disrupts Slilpp Marketplace
- CD Projekt: Data stolen in ransomware attack now circulating online
- Hackers breach gaming giant Electronic Arts, steal game source code
- Meat company JBS confirms it paid $11M ransom in cyberattack
- Supreme Court narrows interpretation of CFAA, to the relief of ethical hackers
- US to Treat Ransomware Like Terrorism
- US charges Latvian for helping develop the Trickbot malware
- US nuclear weapon bunker security secrets spill from online flashcards since 2013
- Interpol Seizes $83 Million Headed for Online Scammers
Job Landscape – [53:20]
Exploring the security jobs landscape in US and Japan. We discuss in demand roles that we see in both markets, general trends, as well as some thoughts on where we see things going in the near future.
Personal Goals and Expectations – [1:35:35]
We talk about the importance on identifying and creating meaningful and attainable goals. Lastly, we discuss the importance of tailoring expectations, in order to ensure that the idea of the work you want to do is representative of industry reality.
Shout Outs to the Community: [2:12:48]
Amazing, free training covering a wide range of CompTIA related topics including Security+, Network+ and A+.
Black Hills Information Security
Includes “Pay What You Can” training to learn the ins and outs of getting into the security industry!
Tsurugi Linux – https://tsurugi-linux.org