It’s that time of the week, all the news from all over the web. Enjoy!
- First story of the week is in regards to the Windows vulnerability disclosed by Google last week. Microsoft was not very happy with the search giant for the disclosure, and now has claimed that the hackers part of the “Sofacy” APT group are the ones responsible for the vulnerability and are the ones exploiting it in the wild.
- Read More @ https://threatpost.com/microsoft-says-russian-apt-group-behind-zero-day-attacks/121722/
- Mirai botnet has been making the rounds since the attack on DYN, and now it looks like someone is attempting to shut down the internet service of an entire country of Liberia using the botnet.
- Read More @ http://thehackernews.com/2016/11/ddos-attack-mirai-liberia.html
- A U.K teen was arrested and plead guilty to creating a DDoS tool “Titanium Stresser” and using it to conduct a number of DDoS attacks. He was also selling the stresser as a service to other criminals, and his code was the basis for the “Lizard Squad’s” Lizard Stresser.
- Read More @ https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/11/03/teen-pleads-guilty-to-creating-ddos-tool-used-in-1-7-million-attacks/
- Next, some exploit kit news. RIG is basically the big kid on the block following the disappearance of Angler, Nuclear, and Neutrino. Now a detailed look at this particular exploit kit was provided by researchers at Cisco.
- Read More @ https://threatpost.com/inside-the-rig-exploit-kit/121805/
- Next, a rather interesting story involving the Facebook founder. Munich court wants to take the Facebook founder to trial over the allegations that Facebook is not doing enough to censor hateful, and hatred inciting posts.
- Read More @ http://www.dw.com/en/munich-court-to-try-facebooks-zuckerberg-for-inciting-hatred/a-36269828