Fun stuff for you as usual so let’s not delay, news away!
- First, more privacy related stories and this one is hardly a surprise but it looks like in the last year FISA has rejected exactly 0 requests. But let’s face it, no one is surprised by this.
- Read More @ https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/04/30/196227/us-spy-court-didnt-reject-a-single-government-surveillance-request-in-2015
- Next, a great analysis of the Petya ransomware from the researchers at Kaspersky Labs. Good read as always.
- Read More @ https://securelist.com/blog/research/74609/petya-the-two-in-one-trojan/
- Next, a nice little introduction to the Process Explorer Sysinternals tool by the guys at MalwareBytes. This is a very useful forensics tool so I urge anyone not familiar with it to give this a read.
- Read More @ https://blog.malwarebytes.org/101/2016/05/process-explorer-an-introduction/
- Next, hot on the heels of all the U.S political coverage due to the upcoming election, the Romanian hacker Guccifer has revealed in an interview some details about his access to Hilary Clinton’s servers. He claims they were “easy to breach” but contents were not very interesting to him at the time.
- Read More @ https://politics.slashdot.org/story/16/05/05/0247205/hacker-guccifer-claims-he-easily-and-repeatedly-broke-into-hillary-clintons-email-server
- Next, this is just a fun little story about a 10 year old bug bounty winner, who discovered a bug in Instagram that allowed him to erase any comments. “Jani” the 10 year old Finnish boy is apparently the youngest person to collect a bug bounty from Facebook. Awesome.
- Read More @ https://threatpost.com/10-year-old-instagram-bug-hunter-earns-10000/117832/
- Last story is from Krebs on Security, and it looks like hackers have gained accessed to W-2 forms from the Equifax credit bureau website. Equifax has a portal that allows electronic access to W-2 forms for employees of various companies and Kroger seems to be one of the companies affected.
- Read More @ http://krebsonsecurity.com/2016/05/crooks-grab-w-2s-from-credit-bureau-equifax/