Why, Hello, I didn’t see you there…I suppose you are here for the juicy news…well, who I am to deny you. So on we go.
- First story of the day is not a good one for Presidential hopeful Donald Trump, as his hotel chain seems to have been breached again. This would be the second time in less than a year, if true.
- Read More @ http://krebsonsecurity.com/2016/04/sources-trump-hotels-breached-again/
- WhatsApp has apparently finally made good on the promise of End to End encryption and has enabled it for all of its 1 billion users. Great news.
- Read More @ http://thehackernews.com/2016/04/whatsapp-end-to-end-encryption.html
- Next, a great analysis of the “Locky” ransomware, by the folks at Kaspersky labs. Locky has quickly become a dominant force int he ransomware space so this is a great read to get people caught up with this nuisance.
- Read More @ https://securelist.com/blog/research/74398/locky-the-encryptor-taking-the-world-by-storm/
- Not a good day for the Philippine government as a data breach of the Philippines’ Commission on Elections (COMELEC) database has left some 55 million voters at risk.
- Read More @ http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/55m-registered-voters-risk-philippine-commission-elections-hacked/
- Hacking Team, the Italy based spyware creation and sale company has had it’s license to sell it’s product globally revoked. The Italian government has declared that the Hacking Team will have to request licenses on an individual bases to sell its products outside of Europe.
- Read More @ http://thehackernews.com/2016/04/hacking-team-loses-license-to-sell.html
- So, after all the commotion and then dropping its case against Apple, the FBI has apparently disclosed to specific congressmen it’s methods for getting the iPhone unlocked.
- Read More @ https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/04/06/2256257/fbi-telling-congress-how-it-hacked-iphone
- Following up from the above story, Apple has decided not to sue the FBI in order to find out how the FBI hacked the iPhone .
- Read More @ https://apple.slashdot.org/story/16/04/08/202251/apple-wont-sue-fbi-to-reveal-hack-used-to-unlock-seized-iphone