Excited to mention that a new SIFT Kit is out!
Thanks SANS for being awesome! Go get your Log2Timeline and Volatility on!
Here’s a list of new features per the SANS website.
“Key new features of SIFT 3.0 include:
- Ubuntu LTS 12.04 Base
- 64 bit base system
- Better memory utilization
- Auto-DFIR package update and customizations
- Latest forensic tools and techniques
- VMware Appliance ready to tackle forensics
- Cross compatibility between Linux and Windows
- Option to install stand-alone via (.iso) or use via VMware Player/Workstation
- Online Documentation Project at http://sift.readthedocs.org/
- Expanded Filesystem Support”